October 30, 2008

FO Report and New Developments

I finished the Undulating Socks tonight. Overall, I love the pattern and the socks, but I will never buy Noro Kureyon Sock Yarn again. The yarn is scratchy (I haven't blocked it yet, but I don't see this "hand" getting any better) and the twist of the yarn is incredibly uneven. In some places it's as think as a strand of DK. In other places it is like cobweb-weight yarn.

In other news, I've started house hunting. On Monday, my apartment complex left a note on my door to tell me that they were raising my rent by $100! That's a 13% increase! I would end up paying rent that is more than what my mother pays in mortgage. No way am I going to do that. So I contacted Jaya and we've started house hunting.

Tonight we found a gorgeous house in Palmetto. Specs:

1713 square feet
$124,900 list price
3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms
2 car garage
small porch of the dining room
In a well-developed community
Corporate owned

Let's keep hope alive. I'm hoping this will work out. I have to give the apartment complex notice by November 16.

No comments:

Post a Comment