- I'm so tired these days I missed the 1-year anniversary of this job.
- I sleep in my bed at my own home (the one I pay taxes on) 3 nights a week.
- I consider the hotel (any hotel) my home.
- I've developed gastritis and duodenitis. Trying saying that five times fast.
- My yard is a disaster-zone
- Spiders are running my house
- I visit family twice a year and they're only 5 hours away.
- I have 300K frequent flier miles. I am now Platinum Medallion on Delta. I'm aiming for Diamond by the end of the year (My coworkers have been doing this so long that they think my mini-celebrations when I hit a new level are mildly amusing. They're so jaded).
- I have 200K+ points with both the Marriott and Hilton chains. I like both, but I think Hilton sometimes edges Marriott out.
- I constantly feel stupid.
- I'm back to working 10+ hours a day just to keep up.
- I've developed the ability to fall asleep anywhere.
I've also learned the following:
- To be grateful I have a job. Unemployment is at 10%. Nothing can be taken for granted.
- That regardless of intentions, higher salary really does mean you spend more. I can't understand how I'm spending more than I use to, but there it is.
- Savings are important. Emergency funds are your friends.
- It is important to take time to enjoy the small things.
- The North has four distinct seasons. I've now experienced them all and I like them. The south has HOT, "I'm sticking to the car seats HOT", Hot, and cold snap.
I initially started writing this post on September 30 and was planning on publishing it that night. However, I found myself unable to press the button and I still don't know why. Possibly because it just didn't feel right, but now it does.