June 7, 2009

Baking in the Heat

For some reason, I've had more success baking this month.

This is surprising, given that this is the weather outside

Gardening001

Hurricane Season in Florida started on June 1st and the weather is determined to live up to the reputation. It has rained 4 times today.

I hate when it rains.

Anyway, Feng's 50th Birthday party was on Thursday.

Fengs50thParty_001

I spent three days trying to figure out what to make, then I finally decided on the Strawberry Chiffon Cake that Smitten Kitchen had posted.

JuneCookingItems002 copy

Her's looks better (of course) but I didn't think mine looked too bad. I think he thanked me for the cake at least 10 times (no joke). I thought the cake was good, but not quite the knockout I wanted.


Today, I made Dorie Greenspan's Orange-Berry Muffins....

OH MY GOD
JuneCookingItems014 copy

DELICIOUS!

It's taking everything I have not to eat all 12 in one sitting....

Two is the limit today....



I'm glad I'm baking today. It's taking my mind off the fact that my job is in jeopardy. I have to find a new job ASAP but I'm having a mental block trying to complete my resume with the details of my current job. However, I'm determined to finish it and get some applications in before I go to bed tonight...

If you pray, pray for me. If you don't send good vibes my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment