January 1, 2011

You deserve better

For all my readers, I want to issue a sincere apology.

I'm sorry.  You deserve much better.  I haven't been blogging as I've meant to, to the extent that I thought about changing the entire format over to Tumblr . . .as much as I tweet, you would get more frequent updates.  But I'm loathe to move from Blogger.  I just have to try harder.  For me, blogging takes effort, because I really hate releasing a blog without a picture to go with it.  So, I'm going to start taking my camera with me more often so I can blog my mobile life and update you more.  Yes, I'm still knitting (more on that below) and sewing, so maybe I can get more info released.



Two weeks ago was the last week I would spend as a consultant to a certain NYC based school.  It was a bittersweet week for me.  If asked a year ago if I would miss the school, I would have looked at you sideways and said, "HELL NO!" (Then I would have continued booking my table at one of NYC's finer restaurants).  Now, a year later, I find myself really missing the people that I met there.  I miss the individuals I had to work with and the teammates I could lean on for support.  I miss NYC in the winter, the sights, the sounds, the fact that there was always something to do.  Man, how times have changed.  I'm actually regretting the fact that I'm not booking my normal flight into LaGuardia and am, instead, booking myself to Newark.

Yes, Newark.  I know it's only across the river, but that's a long distance in NYC.  Then, once I land, I'm probably going to spend the next hour driving to my destination.  However, I took this job as a consultant because I wanted constant travel and change and, by George, be careful what you wish for because I'm certainly getting it.  So here I am, on New Year's Day, packing for my 6:20 AM flight tomorrow morning.  I certainly didn't want to fly that early, but that's all that was available.

So right now, I'm looking at all my clothes (I've just done a month's worth of laundry...I live alone.  How does that happen?!?!?) and trying to decide what to pack.  My new favorite books are packed (yup, in love with the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich), I've queued up Doc Martin on Hulu (I watched all four season in 2.5 days via NetFlix!  I hope Season 5 shows on Hulu), and I'm trying to decide what to knit...

Happy New Year to everyone!  I hope 2011 is the year things happen for YOU!  Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment