March 19, 2012

More Knitting

I made a commitment to blog more this year and I'm determined to do so.

My ongoing commitment to Sock Knitters Anonymous continues to lead me down the primrose path of sock knitting foolishness.

For the month of February, I planned to knit 4 socks (yes, 4...I know, insane me....).  More interestingly, I finished them, some in March, but I started in February and that's what counts! (more after the jump!)





Clover
Clover Socks2
Clover Socks
I did complete two socks, but this is the least blurry photo.






Solid Socks February 2012 Mystery Sock:  Galileo Socks
Galileo Socks8
Galileo Socks
My first mystery sock and I must say, I enjoyed every minute of knitting it, even though not knowing what I would end up with made me extremely nervous.



Leyburn Socks
Leyburn Socks3
Leyburn Socks


This was actually my biggest disappointment.  The pattern was great.  The yarn is lovely (I love the gradation of color and the yarn is even more impressive when you look at it up close and observe the individuals plies). I knit the pattern happily with no problem. I just made one massive mistake:  I attempted to use the Sweet Tomato heel on this sock.  That made this sock incredibly tight across the instep.  In the picture above, if you look carefully, you can see how I tried to hide the bunching caused by the third wedge.  Ah well. These are now bed socks.  In any case, the entire point (or one of the 12 steps) was to improve my knitting (actually, it's step 11:  "Sought through trial and error to improve our conscious contact with sock knitting as we understood It, praying only for knowledge of Turning Heels and the power to carry that out".)

Ivy
Ivy2
Ivy
Ivy was the last sock completed (March 11) and only because my wrist needed a break for the few days.


Hey, did you notice I purchased foot Mannequins?  I've been running around the house setting my socks up on the mannequins trying to get new shots of them.  It feel nice to have more professional looking shots of my socks. :)



My commitment NOT to buy more yarn has been continuously broken since January 2.  These are the purchases in the past 7 days:

Entirely too much Petite Silk from Tess's Designer Yarns in Portland, Maine.  I went there on a whim, thinking that it would be far too expensive and not very "designer".  I've never been so happy (and so broke) while being wrong.








Two skeins of the Superwash Merino Lace, also in happy colors.




And my new obsession in Sock yarn, Caper Sock by String Theory.  I love love love this sock yarn.
Grove

Laguna

No comments:

Post a Comment