- I was living a home with my parents
- I was working a great job for a great boss in a horrible environment for s**t money (it was getting better toward the end, but still...)
- I had broken my engagment six months earlier but we were still in a relationship (or at least I thought that)
- I had a lot of friends and family around for support and encouragement.
- I live 450 miles away from my parents. I moved 350 miles, then my parents moved 100 miles.
- I work a good job for a good supervisor, a so-so CIO, and an OK environment. But the money is fantastic and the prospects for advancement are excellent.
- I'm single. The Jackass is married to someone else. Karma will get his ass. I try not to think of him anymore. I'm looking but I'm not really ready for someone else.
- I'm making friends very slowly. My closest relative is 3 hours away. I am my own support system.
A few months ago I spoke to one of my friends (and mentors) and I told her that there had to be some point to God placing me in "God's Waiting Room." She laughed and said that I phrased it quite well. I'm in the waiting room for some reason.
- Why am I here? I dunno.
- Is it to learn patience? Maybe; I am gaining more patience.
- Is it to learn to focus? I can't focus to save my life.
- Is it to learn to put myself first? Possibly. I'm definitely doing that now.
- Is it to fix whatever emotional issues I have? Possibly. I'm coming to grips with the fact that I'm not perfect, I'm not always right, I'm not a State Department official who spends her time globe-trotting, I'm not a lawyer. I haven't done a lot of things I expected to but I've done a lot more than I expected.
- Is it to become a better knitter? Why else would He place a yarn store within 10 minutes of me?
Happy Birthday to me.