August 17, 2008

What a Difference a Year Makes

2007
  1. I was living a home with my parents
  2. I was working a great job for a great boss in a horrible environment for s**t money (it was getting better toward the end, but still...)
  3. I had broken my engagment six months earlier but we were still in a relationship (or at least I thought that)
  4. I had a lot of friends and family around for support and encouragement.

2008
  1. I live 450 miles away from my parents. I moved 350 miles, then my parents moved 100 miles.
  2. I work a good job for a good supervisor, a so-so CIO, and an OK environment. But the money is fantastic and the prospects for advancement are excellent.
  3. I'm single. The Jackass is married to someone else. Karma will get his ass. I try not to think of him anymore. I'm looking but I'm not really ready for someone else.
  4. I'm making friends very slowly. My closest relative is 3 hours away. I am my own support system.

A few months ago I spoke to one of my friends (and mentors) and I told her that there had to be some point to God placing me in "God's Waiting Room." She laughed and said that I phrased it quite well. I'm in the waiting room for some reason.
  1. Why am I here? I dunno.
  2. Is it to learn patience? Maybe; I am gaining more patience.
  3. Is it to learn to focus? I can't focus to save my life.
  4. Is it to learn to put myself first? Possibly. I'm definitely doing that now.
  5. Is it to fix whatever emotional issues I have? Possibly. I'm coming to grips with the fact that I'm not perfect, I'm not always right, I'm not a State Department official who spends her time globe-trotting, I'm not a lawyer. I haven't done a lot of things I expected to but I've done a lot more than I expected.
  6. Is it to become a better knitter? Why else would He place a yarn store within 10 minutes of me?
Hmm...I dunno. Let's see what 26 will be for me.

Happy Birthday to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment