January 29, 2009

An Open Letter to the Carpentras at the Villages at Avignon HOA

Dear Homeowner's Association:

I don't care how you feel about the fact that I purchased the property without you having received an application first. I purchased a foreclosure, meaning I purchased my home from the bank, not the builder. Also, since I haven't received the Declarations, Articles of Incorporation, or any of the other pertinent paperwork, I will **not** pay your ridiculous HOA fees. All I needed was the HOA articles. I don't have them. My realtor did not provide them. The selling agent did not provide them.

When I called today I get a copy of the legal documentation, your representative was very rude. That's not a good look for a quasi-governmental organization trying to recover money from me. Furthermore, I don't appreciate your representative threatening me with late charges because I didn't pay by the 15th. You didn't send anything, including an invoice, until the 22nd.

So, at this time, I don't consider myself a member of the HOA and if you continue to press the issue, I will take legal advice. If you want me to join your HOA, get me the Articles, get me the Declaration, show me where the HOA is mandatory in my title, and fix my Mailbox!

Otherwise, Leave me alone.

Sincerely,

Victoria

No comments:

Post a Comment