April 18, 2010

New Reading.....FanFic!!!

I have a new obsession.

FanFiction.net

Right now, I am on pins and needles waiting for the next Sookie Stackhouse/Southern Vampire Mysteries book to be released and I didn't know what to do. I haven't read fan fic in years, but last week I thought (rather randomly) that I should check to see if there were any fanfic out there for consumption.



Let see...The following are my current favorites (in no particular order):

Pour Some Sugar on Me and Addicted to Love: Addicted to Love was the first story I read. I stayed up until 4AM to finish it off. The next night I did the same for the prequel, Pour Some Sugar on Me. Excellent Stories!!!

Let Love In: I think this is right up there with PSSoM and AtL. I love the way the writer really set a new scene for Eric and Sookie.

50 Things Jason Stackhouse is Not Allowed to Think: This is just hilarious!

She by nox-alatus. Beautiful. Just beautiful. Set from Eric's POV


Stronghold series by DCWriter16
DCWriter writes a series of stories about Sookie and an accident which causes Pam to turn Sookie. This was touching is so many ways. The writer uses spare, but evocative language to really make you feel everyone's pain and happiness. You really must read the stories in order, starting with In The Evening.

If it isn't painfully obvious by now, I am definitely an Eric Northman fan. I am Team Eric. I am all about the Viking settling down with my dear Sookie. The only thing I don't like in some fanfic is how they seem to. . .i dunno, almost tame him. Eric is not to be tamed. The best fanfic gracefully deals with the fact that Eric is autocratic, opportunistic, and scheming by nature. He loves Sookie, he's scared to death, but he's not letting anyone turn him into Puppy Chow.

I also don't understand all the anti-Quinn feeling...I liked Quinn. I guess since I dumped a fiance with "Mommy-issues", I understand where Quinn and Sookie are coming from. Quinn has the responsibility of his mother and sister; Sookie wants to be first in someone's life. Yep, I understand that.

(I was also Team Jacob in the Twilight Series. He kept fighting for Bella until she turned. I loved Edward, but he was too perfect sometimes. Gimme Jacob's hot-headedness any day.)

Anyway, why am I writing about all of this? Well, the Sookieverse is running a contest to promote their brand-new blog!!! I just found this blog a week ago and got all excited about the contest and the blog itself (excellent synopses of the books!), so I agreed to blog about the site. Which I don't mind doing at all, especially if there is a chance I can get True Blood, Season 2 (hint hint). I'm still trying to catch up on all I've missed, but TiVo is ready to catch all the goodness of Season 3!

Anyway, to go along with my new-found excitement, I found that May 4th, the day of the release of the 10th book (Dead in the Family), Charlaine Harris will be at Barnes and Nobles Union Square! Well, lucky me, that's a day that I'll actually be staying in Midtown, so I'm going to the release and I'm going to try (try try try) to get my book signed! sigh... It's going to take everything I have not to stay up all night reading and rereading the book...

Wish me luck!



FYI: POV = Point of View

No comments:

Post a Comment