August 27, 2009

A vacation

I'm going home for Labor Day weekend. It's pretty necessary at this point.

I'm burnt out and I no longer love my job.

I need to be a traveling consultant. There is one traveling consultant position open with the company right now, but I haven't heard anything since I applied. I'm wishing I had uploaded by recommendation letters with the application.

In the meantime, I'm burning through money much faster than I need to.

I finished the Magic Mirror Socks.

I cast on with a US#3 40" circular and worked both socks from the toe-up two-at-a-time, turned the heel, then switched to the US#2 for the beginning of the leg. I worked with the #2 for one repeat, then switched to US#6 DPNs for the remainder of the foot. Not bad planning on my part. These should fit Stephanie's feet without any problems. Right now, I'm trying to decide if I also want to give her the Cloverleaf Cables socks....but I think I'll gift those to Andrea.

So now I'm working on Henry in KnitPicks Palette Fog for Daddy. I'm trying to decide if I want to make another one, in Lipstick, for Mom later.

No comments:

Post a Comment