June 4, 2008

I'm Back!

I finally made a decision today: I'm moving back to Blogger.

For the last few weeks, I've blogged using WordPress. I was unfaithful. I was seduced by pretty themes and a clean look. I turned my back on the platform I used to start me off in the world of blogging.

I'm so sorry.

However, it only took me a few months to realize that my marriage to WordPress might not have been the best move.

  1. I couldn't update the CSS without paying.
  2. I couldn't get my fancy Ravelry progress bars.
  3. I couldn't change the colors or the layout.
  4. I missed Blogger.

So, I spent most of today (when I should have been working, considering I have to do training tomorrow morning) updating my Blogger blog.

First, I got the Ravelry progress bars working.
Then I changes the template and the colors (based on my pretty picture of Bradenton Beach)
Then I moved all the posts over.

Since, I figured out (remembered) how to change some of the CSS and HTML elements, now everything looks good again.

Since I plan on working with the Walker Treasury Project, I am going to leave the WordPress Site up, but I'm not posting there anymore.

Ahhh...it feels good to be back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment